Do you have our Instant Church Directory as an app for your phone or computer? It is free and easy to install. From the app, you can get contact information, GPS directions, email, text, find birthdays, anniversaries, and photos, of course. If you would like to update your photo, you are welcome to send one to Ilona Smith in the Church Office. She can add or change a photo.
The Session met this week and approved the following new guidelines submitted by the Reopening Task Force for attending worship:
- Masks will no longer be required for gathered worship.
- Social distancing will no longer be required for gathered worship.
- Limitations on the number of people who can attend gathered worship will be eliminated.
- Mask wearing for people who are not vaccinated will be encouraged but will not be mandated.
- We will respect all who choose to wear a facemask.
- People will no longer be required to register for gathered worship. Should there be a situation where someone in attendance at gathered worship tests positive for COVID 19 or contracts COVID 19, notice will be provided to the congregation via an e-blast and Elders and Deacons will be requested to contact the church members on their Member Care Ministry list.
- Singing in worship will continue to be led by the musicians, not the congregation. This is because unvaccinated people may be worshiping with us, and they are at risk of infection.
Our annual meetings is scheduled for Sunday January 24 immediately following the 11:00 am worship service. The meetings will be virtual. The agenda, annual report and supporting materials will be sent by email at the beginning of next week. Hard copies can be picked up at the Church Office on Wed or Thu Jan 20 and 21.
The SPC Session approved the final edit and review of the Reopening and Covenant of Care Roadmap. The Roadmap details a careful, thorough, and gradual process for re-entering the church facilities. Five phases of reopening begin with setting aside a day of individual prayer in the sanctuary, moving to opportunities for small groups and meetings, then to limited gathered worship. We are following the CDC, governor, local recommendations, and ecclesial guidelines. Let’s get those cases and hospitalization rates down, wear our masks, wash our hands, wait at a distance, and pray for the safety and well-being of all. We will be back together again, and in the meantime, we will care for ourselves and one another. Virtual Worship will continue as an ongoing part worship ministry.
Join us during fellowship for an opportunity to take a tour through SPC’s updated website, explore new features on the Instant Church Directory, and answer how-to questions. Bring laptops, mobile phones or tablets to participate in the Scavenger Hunt! Sandwiches from Jersey Mike’s will be provided, complementing Bakers’ Dozen donations.