Through the Holy Spirit, the Fellowship and Welcome Ministry endeavors to make Southport Presbyterian Church a warm, welcoming environment for all visitors and members of the congregation. The ministry assists new members to become part of the church family and to become involved in the life of the church, coming together with others to serve the Lord.
All members are encouraged to fill out our new form (formerly known as “Time & Talent), which is designed to assist both new and long-time members to find a small group and a way to belong and serve at SPC. Involvement opportunities include spiritual, educational, service and fellowship groups and activities. It is this involvement and service that weaves the fabric of our church family and enriches, spiritually and socially, the lives of those who serve and those who are served.
This form can be easily downloaded, filled in on your computer and emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) as an attachment to the church office. The form can also be downloaded from southportpresbyterian.com under the Documents & Forms in the upper top menu tab.
While we encourage filing out and sending electronically, you can request a form from the church office to fill out manually and return.
- Offers a variety of Small Groups that provide visitors and new members opportunities to meet other members, get to know each other and make lifelong friends.
- Hosts periodic Inquirers’ Luncheons after the worship service for those who desire to join our church, or to learn more about the life of the church.
- Provides information packets for anyone wishing to join the church, or join SPC from an existing or former church.
- Pairs our new members with Mentors to help orient our new members who wish to serve on committees, participate in special events, worship service, or to find their way around the church and activities.
- Hosts luncheons, beach days and other events and activities to foster fellowship and relationships among members and visitors.
SPC is a Nut-free Campus
In keeping with our mission and values that profess “All Are Welcome Here,” SPC is a Nut-free Campus. In order to protect the health and safety of our staff, members and visitors, all food served at events and meetings must meet the guidelines on our safe food lists.
Download our Safe Foods documents.