Through the Holy Spirit, the Fellowship and Welcome Ministry endeavors to make Southport Presbyterian Church a warm, welcoming environment for all visitors and members of the congregation. The ministry assists new members to become part of the church family and to become involved in the life of the church, coming together with others to serve the Lord.
Spirit, Southport Presbyterian Church has many ways for both new and long-time members to be involved. The Fellowship and Welcome Ministry has created an Opportunities for Involvement Form to help members to find a way to belong and to serve
- Offers a variety of Small Groups that provide visitors and new members opportunities to meet other members, get to know each other and make lifelong friends.
- Hosts periodic Inquirers’ Luncheons after the worship service for those who desire to join our church, or to learn more about the life of the church.
- Provides information packets for anyone wishing to join the church, or join SPC from an existing or former church.
- Pairs our new members with Mentors to help orient our new members who wish to serve on committees, participate in special events, worship service, or to find their way around the church and activities.
- Hosts luncheons, beach days and other events and activities to foster fellowship and relationships among members and visitors.