The Session met this week and approved the following new guidelines submitted by the Reopening Task Force for attending worship:
- Masks will no longer be required for gathered worship.
- Social distancing will no longer be required for gathered worship.
- Limitations on the number of people who can attend gathered worship will be eliminated.
- Mask wearing for people who are not vaccinated will be encouraged but will not be mandated.
- We will respect all who choose to wear a facemask.
- People will no longer be required to register for gathered worship. Should there be a situation where someone in attendance at gathered worship tests positive for COVID 19 or contracts COVID 19, notice will be provided to the congregation via an e-blast and Elders and Deacons will be requested to contact the church members on their Member Care Ministry list.
- Singing in worship will continue to be led by the musicians, not the congregation. This is because unvaccinated people may be worshiping with us, and they are at risk of infection.