Grace and Peace:
I pray for your peace and well-being.
During this time of great uncertainty, the staff and congregational leaders of Southport Presbyterian Church will do our very best to assure our church is a place of safety and welcome. As health concerns increase, we will respond to these changes. Here is our advice regarding church activities this week.
We do plan to have worship on Sunday. In fact, we offer two worship opportunities.
At 9:00, we will have a simple service of Morning Prayer for those who desire to come to worship, but prefer to avoid a larger group of people. You can come and go anytime between 9:00 and 9:30 to listen to music, pray silently, and hear prayers and scripture led by Pastor Joanna and me.
At 11:00 we celebrate our regular worship, but with several changes:
• No bulletins (Worship leaders will have orders of worship to guide participation.)
• No nametags until further notice.
• No passing of friendship pads (Pads for visitors will be available in the Narthex)
• No passing of offering plates (Ushers will hold plates to receive offerings during the Offertory and after the service by the Narthex doors.)
• No Fellowship Time after worship.
• No hand-touching during Sharing a Sign of the Peace.
• Ushers and greeters will welcome you with hand sanitizer.
• Interior doors will be open to minimize touching door handles.
• The Forum Sunday School class will not meet. The Adult Bible Study at 9:30 and Chancel Choir at 10:30 meet as usual.
• The Inquirer’s Lunch will not meet. I will visit with these potential new members.
• We will bleach surfaces, such as door handles and faucets.
What can you do?
• Please use discretion and stay home if you are not feeling well or if your health is at risk. People are advised to self-quarantine if they have recently traveled.
• Continue to wash hands thoroughly and often and do not touch your face.
• Limit the touching of surfaces, such as door handles, faucets, and equipment.
Are meetings canceled?
• Amani Beads (Tuesday) is canceled.
• Prayer Ministry (Monday) is canceled.
• Leaders of all groups are asked to consider health risks and monitor developments closely. You have several choices: (1) Meet, (2) Not meet and postpone, (3) Not meet and cancel, (4) Meet in another location, (5) Meet electronically. We will send a blast email on Monday to update developments. Please get in touch with Ilona by noon on Monday to let her know if your group is or is not meeting.
Let us be diligent and careful, and helpful to our neighbors. The Church is more than a worship service and more than meetings. We are the Body of Christ, called to care for, serve, encourage, and pray for one another and the world.
Keep in touch. You can call me at (910)619-8623, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
God bless you,