SPC’s Congregational Care and Stephen Ministries are hosting this community program presented by the Alzheimer’s Association Eastern Chapter.
This presentation will cover:
– The impact of Alzheimer’s, including problems with memory, thinking and behavior
– The difference between Alzheimer’s and dementia
– Alzheimer’s disease stages and risk factors
– Current research and treatments available to address some symptoms.
– Alzheimer’s Association resources.
To register, go to alz.org/events and scroll down to “events near me” and input keyword “Southport.” You will be asked for your email and to create a password. Other registration options include calling the church office at 910-457-6811 or the Alzheimer’s Association at 800.272.3900. While registration is not required, doing so will ensure enough handouts are available and monitor that the minimum number of 30 attendees have been met.